Saturday, January 20, 2018

new friends

Friday (1/19) was kind of a bust on the sewing/quilting scale, but a big plus on the making new friends scale :~).  First up was finishing the basting on my deer quilt:  


That went went well and Michael headed out on errands after breakfast (CVS, grocery store, library) while I got the pattern set up, my bobbins wound and kicked it off, only to have problems with my stitching on the bottom:  

see the loops???



I have no idea why this is suddenly happening, so I posted pictures and a question on my FB group, and spent the rest of the morning ripping it out  :~(.  By the time I was done, I was starving, so I headed upstairs for the last of the split pea soup and a small scoop of chicken salad.  After that I took a shower and changed and headed out to a weaving meeting.   I had talked to Pam probably over a year ago about weaving, but we never managed to get together…so today was the day.  We were in her kitchen talking while she put together a coffee cake and I LOVED everything I read in her house:  

BG & I talk about learning new stuff all the time!!!


Of course, I saved the best for last...check out the date of this quote from Mencken (an American journalist, satirist, cultural critic and scholar of American English. Known as the "Sage of Baltimore," he is regarded as one of the most influential American writers and prose stylists of the first half of the twentieth century.)...how perfect is it (you might have to click on the picture to make it bigger)!!


We retired to the sun room when Kathy and Rosalie came and spent several pleasant hours talking and knitting and spinning:  

Pam, our hostess, spinning

Rosalie, also spinning

Kathy, knitting

You know Nancy H tried to get me to spin for the longest time, but I said I wasn’t interested unless I could also have my own sheep!!!  Well, Pam is going to introduce me to another spinner who DOES have her own…too cool!  I hated to leave at 6 PM, but I knew Michael would be starving (and I was too), so I finally headed home.  We hit ARBY’s for dinner for their fish sandwiches and watched the last 2 episodes of MAJOR CRIMES for the evening  :~(.  What a great show, we are both sorry to see it end.  I got 64 HST’s trimmed and pressed while we watched:


OH, and one more pic to whet your appetite...you can look forward to seeing this next month...stay tuned for the invite to Michael's latest performance:




2 comments:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.