Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Elsie & Cookie, Martini night at my house

Michael was up at 7 AM to get ready for golf on Monday (1/22) and I stayed out of his way in the kitchen by getting another men’s quilt basted up:  














After that I headed upstairs to get a few more things ready for Martini Night (and since Michael hd already left for golf, I had company while I was doing it):  


I LOVE that little paw!!

Michael had already set up all of the extra chairs, and vacuumed the front hall and living room, so first I got our dinner in the crockpot: Mexican Chicken Soup.  Then I mixed up our dessert martinis, called appropriately enough Devo-tinis  :~):  


I got the table all set:


Then I put together most of the ingredients for the corn bread:


before heading back to the studio at NOON for a bit of sewing.  Since the brown fleece is eventually going to yield THREE quilts that will need to be bound, I decided I’d better get at least one of mine done from the to-be-bound pile:  


While I was stitching on that, I also stitched out a label:  














My Martini guests arrived at 6:30 and the first person in the door said those words that are music to my ears;  'Boy does it smell good in here'!!  I can honestly say that I was very relaxed and had a blast with these women:  

A toast to my co-hostess who got the flu the day before  :~(

We had the soup and cornbread:


and although I had the salad bowl game ready to go in the living room, we never made it…we sat and talked and talked and talked and talked….it was GREAT!  

Ellie, Andi, Pat, Andi (Pat's daughter), Jane

Bonnie, Barb, Patti


Everyone left around 10 PM and Michael and I watched just a bit of TV before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.