Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Cute Sea Life totally finished

I ran Michael to the doctor’s (routine skin screening) for his 8:30 AM appointment on Tuesday (1/16), then picked up Pat and headed out to Joann’s.  Michael's golfing buddies picked him up after the appointment and they all headed out to breakfast.  I scored 6 yards of brown fleece at Joann's for the back of the men’s quilts (at a sale price of $2.99 per yard!!!) and we were home by 10 AM.  I spent the rest of the morning getting ready for ladies coming to lunch.  I had made chicken salad Monday night before bed, but baked some small croissants and cookies before Loree & Robin & Mary Ann showed up at 12:30.  We are the group of people who pretty much do the work of keeping the Thursday quilting group going (even though some of the people attending somehow don’t think any work needs to be done  :~), and we decided we needed to meet to clarify a bunch of items.  We all made some notes of tasks we need to complete and Loree will be talking about everything at our meeting this week.  Everyone left by 3 PM and I headed downstairs to sew.  Other than a welcome (but short) phone visit with Cathy L, I spent the rest of the time working on the binding of the fish quilt.  Michael had a salad for dinner and left for rehearsal, while I headed over to Pat’s.  She was helping me with some embroidery 


(when she wasn’t getting love and licks from her adorable pups: Ruby & Maggie): 


who can resist those faces???

and by the time I came home at 9 PM, my fish quilt for Clinton was totally finished:


Actually, I think these designs are called "Cute Sea Life". 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.