Friday, January 5, 2018

layout of 4 patch frenzy

We didn’t have any heat when we got up on Thursday (1/4), but luckily my honey knows just how to fix that.  He worked on the pipes outside for several hours to get all of the ice out and finally got our furnace working again.  The frigid cold all this week is affecting a lot of things….quilting was cancelled for Thursday due to a water line break.  I was glad quilting was cancelled (but not glad about the reason), because I knew I wasn’t well enough to go and I HATE to miss it  :~).  After helping Michael for just a bit with the pipes, I headed to my studio and found beautiful fabric to finish up my last 16 four patches (BG, do you recognize it?):


After I finished those off, I spent time laying out the quilt….OMgoodness…I absolutely LOVE it!!  I can’t wait to start sewing it together. 


















Of course while I was laying it out my Elsie kitty had to find the softest (and newest) place to watch from:


I had leftover Ham & Potato soup for dinner and spent the night vegging on the couch with my honey, while drinking hot drinks and blowing my nose a lot :~).  

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Love your frenzy! So striking! You are making want to do another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. That quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version of Four Patch Frenzy - I may have to do a charity throw like this with all my scraps of primary colored fabrics - so cute! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your color layout! I think you've hit upon something new, m'lady. By using an organized color place, you've created a secondary pattern that you don't see with the random color placement. Brava!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.