Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year's Day party

New Year’s Day – I hopped up early on Monday (1/1/2018) to get the mulled cider in the crockpot and take the sticky buns out of the fridge so that they could come to room temperature before baking.  I got the buns and egg casserole baked, and people started to arrive at 9:30, some with additional food…everything was terrific:  

Michael's yummy fruit salad

sticky buns in all their glory

egg casserole

OMG!!!  Ralph's sausage & pepper & eggs & cheese.....YUMM-O

a blintz casserole

I swear, no matter how often we get together, we ALL like to talk and talk and talk!!!  A couple people couldn’t make it due to illness, but I think I got pictures of most everyone else:  

Paula & Sally

Doug & Evelyn

Larry & Susan

Phil & Gale

Pat & Lisa

Bryce & Joe

Susan & Michael

don't ask me what that expression is on my face!















Ralph, Evelyn, Larry, Susan, Michael, Sally and back of Doug

Jim, Ralph, Phil, Michael

Gale, Sally, Susan, Ann Mary

Ralph & Larry

People left around 12:30 and even though I said I wasn’t doing another thing the rest of the day, I eventually headed downstairs.  I made a bit more progress cleaning off the pool table, but ultimately settled in to start sewing together my blocks:  





We had leftovers for dinner and watched TV in the evening…it was a perfect day for the beginning of 2018.  Miss Nancy (my old knitting teacher) used to say “start as you mean to go on” and I think we both did that…spending time with friends is very important in our lives…and today was just perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I think the expression on your face is saying - ' I just know that Harvey is photo bombing us !' (Nice ears)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That expression on your face is 'Why do I have bunny ears?'

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.