Saturday, January 13, 2018

Vortex finally moving, Franklin Street totally done

Michael and Cookie headed out for a walk first thing Friday morning (1/12), but got rained on for the last 5 minutes of the walk  :~(.  I headed downstairs to kick off Miss Scarlett.  I changed to a solid color blue thread and it is stitching beautifully.  














I think my bobbins were wound too loosely with the variegated thread…I’ll have to figure out how to correct that next time.  Michael’s golf got cancelled Thursday, so after breakfast he headed out to the driving range to get in some practice before the rain came back, while I continued to quilt and to work on the binding for my Franklin Street quilt (where do they come up with these names for patterns?  BG thought she would call it a paperclip quilt pattern…and I agree!)  


I continued to work on the binding all afternoon and by dinnertime it was done….YAY!  My honey had a coupon for Figaro’s Pizza, so that was a lovely, work-free dinner.  After dinner I headed to my studio again to get my strata from the Thursday quilting project cut.  


I don’t like to cut at quilting because the table heights really don’t work for me.  Once that was done I headed upstairs to watch TV and stitch down my quilting label…YAY, another Clinton quilt totally done.


Doesn't it look like more like paper clips?

1 comment:

  1. Yes ! Paper clips sound perfect ! Love the blue quilting thread on the clinton quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.