Monday, January 1, 2018

getting ready for New Year's Day

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S Eve!!!  We ran to the grocery store early Sunday morning (12/31) to buy everything we need (hopefully) for our New Year’s Day brunch, then came home and spent quite a bit of time cleaning up the kitchen and putting away the Christmas dishes and flatware.  Michael crisped up the leftover waffles for us both for breakfast, then it was back to the studio to continue cleaning.  Michael eventually came down to run his emails, so of course this happened:  














My sewing cutting tables have been loaded with leftover bits of this and that:  














and I got everything cut into scraps and put away, and started sewing together small bits of fleece and batting for dog/cat beds:  


I started to work on cleaning off the pool table, but it wasn’t long before it was time to go upstairs.  I made dough for the Killer Pecan Sticky Buns and read my book while it rose, and then put the dough, filling and topping all together: 

note my trusty ruler telling me I have rolled to the right size





Michael was putting together the filling for the egg casserole at the same time (mushrooms, scallions, broccoli, cheese):  














When we were done, it was time for champagne, puffy things, 


and watching STAR TREK:GENERATIONS before heading to bed.



Stash Report = It’s still all good from here!  Usage for the month of December: 12 yards.  Bought/Given: none.  So, I’m 12 yards to the good for the month of December.  I’m going to close out the year and start anew tomorrow, so year-to-date: I have used 169-1/2 yards of fabric…which is just an astonishing figure to me.  I’ve purchased 73-1/2 yards, so I am in the black (meaning I am using up more stash than I am bringing in) by 96 yards.  These are the totals from when I started keeping track, which was on April 21st.  I can hardly wait to see what 2018 brings.

1 comment:

  1. Stash report is unbelievable ! Are you still going to do a quilt count ? Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.