Friday, January 19, 2018

Elsie & Cookie, FPF off frame, lots of AJ

We were all upstairs for breakfast Thursday morning (1/18) when my honey made me ‘the usual’: 




then I dove back into my work for the day.  Quilting was cancelled due to the weather, so I decided I needed to sew all day at home.  First up was getting FPF off of the frame and cleaned up, ready for binding:  


Then I made 32 more 1/2 square triangles, which I’ll trim and press while watching TV in the evenings.  I'm going to try to do these HST several times a week for a new project I have in mind.  I need a lot of them, so I'm just going to keep making and making until they are all done.  Michael and I took a break at 1 PM…he took Cookie for a walk while I whipped up some ‘ham & pickle’ (known to the rest of the world as ham salad) for his lunch.  After that I decided to load up the 6 yards of brown fleece on Miss Scarlett.  I got the fleece loaded up and made a start at basting my first quilt by dinnertime:  


Michael left to pick up Larry to go and see THE COMMUTER, while I knit away the evening.  

And now it’s time for 

**************MMR – MICHAEL’S MOVIE REVIEWS!!!**************

 If you believe in the ‘golden rule’, i.e. those who have the gold (meaning power/money), make the rules; then you will follow the twisty plot of THE COMMUTER with Liam Neeson.  He plays an ex-cop who is now selling insurance.  He mysteriously gets fired and his normal life becomes chaos on a train.  Desperate for money, he takes a job on his commuter train, offered to him by a strange woman.  All h_ll breaks loose as he tries to figure out why he was chosen and who’s behind the conspiracy he’s been thrust into.  By the end all becomes clear, but there are enough fist fights and plot twists to satisfy any popcorn muncher!  3-1/2 fat quarters out of 5.

And now it's time for 10 months of cuteness:



already reading...what a precocious child

oops - guess books are more fun this way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.