Wednesday, January 3, 2018

quilting done!, new strips cut, AJ

It was FREEZING when we got up on Tuesday (1/2).  It is supposed to be bitter temps for this entire week, so I got Ham & Potato soup (a new recipe MJ!) in the crockpot first thing before heading to the studio.  I know I have been procrastinating about quilting because I know it will be a nightmare to do the loaded quilt on that too skinny backing….but I told myself today was the day!  I got the pattern set up and my bobbins wound and kicked it off.  I did a very open stipple with a variegated rainbow thread (much easier to see on the back) 














and I was done by mid-afternoon (and yes, it was every bit as yucky an experience as I had anticipated  :~).  


I saw this same quilt pattern done in patriotic and I LOVED it!!!!  It was hard for me to sew while keeping a close eye on the quilting….so I started to cut the strips for the patriotic version :~).  


I had leftover dough in the fridge from the rolls I made Saturday night, so we had rolls with our soup before Michael left at 6 PM for Elvis rehearsal.  I headed back downstairs, determined to work on my design wall.  Here’s where I started:  


I worked all evening: 





and by the time Michael came home from rehearsal at 10 PM, my wall looked like this:  



Yep - all of my blocks are sewn into rows.  Does anyone else watch PIONEER WOMAN, when they do the time lapse photography of her filling a casserole or making skewers or whatever?  That’s what I was trying to show  :~).

OK....get ready for more cuteness:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.