Friday, December 1, 2017

Show & Tell at SHQ, new basket on lanair

Thursday morning (11/30) was a flurry of Michael getting ready for golfing and me getting ready for quilting.  #1 = the socializing at quilting was fabulous….#2 = the show and tell was fabulous…#3 = my sewing…not so much.  It’s been a month since I looked in my project box….and I didn’t let my brain figure things out for even a couple of minutes…I just started sewing…the result is that I have to rip out everything I sewed at quilting….oh well…see numbers 1 & 2.  Back to the show and tell:

A pillow from Sandy D, she got the center hand embroidery from a bag of 'trash' scraps someone was throwing away:


Mary Ann with a crocheted baby blanket she will be sending off soon:















Floy with a silly apron for a friend:


Jeanne with an appliqued Christmas motif, and 2 beautiful table runners:


















Gee, showing a 'red hat' gift from Mary B:



Robin with another example of a pieced out quilt:


Sandy with an unusual 3-D Christmas tree that we hope she will teach next year:


and finally, Susie went crazy making SNAP-IT bags:


When I got home at 2:30 I spent just a bit of time out on the lanair with my honey, before heading to my studio.  Back in July, Machine Embroidery Group had a workshop and several of the ladies wanted to know how to make the fabric covered rope baskets.  I started one as a demo, but never finished it.  I finally cut more fabric and finished the basket in the late afternoon.  When Michael left for rehearsal, I spent the evening hand stitching the binding around the top because my machine just couldn’t sew through it.  It will live on our lanair to corral the various remotes we have out there:





Stash Report = all good news again this month  :~).  I didn’t buy or receive any new fabric, and I used/sold 23-3/4 yards of fabric.  

Year to date?  I’ve purchased or received 73-1/2 yards of fabric, but have used 157-1/2 yards (a totally shocking figure to me!)  So, I’m 84 yards to the good for year-to-date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.