Wednesday, December 6, 2017

more candy making, new Q of V loaded for quilting

Before Michael left for errands on Tuesday (12/5), he helped me to bag up the Cracker Toffee 


which chilled in the fridge overnight.  It is difficult to do as one person, because as you are breaking up the toffee prior to bagging, your hands get covered in butter which then gets transferred to the outside of the bags  :~(….so having 2 people definitely makes the job easier.  As I finish each type of candy, I am also putting some in a large container for Michael to take to opening night on Friday:


After that I also got the Ritz/peanutbutter cookies bagged as well, in these beautiful silver bags that my friend Diane scored for me at a totally cheap sale during the year  :~):


My honey left around 10 AM to hit the chiro, Publix (rye bread) , Food Lion, WALGREENS (on the hunt for ANDES mints which are for some reason, hard to find this year!!), CVS, Southern Spirits, and Omaha Steaks (we send a big box of treats to the kids for Christmas) and got home around 1 PM.  While my naked cookie sheets were chilling in the fridge, I got a double length of fleece loaded up on Miss Scarlett (this is what Michael scored for me one day at Joann's on a great sale):  


It’s nice to have a break from customer quilts so that I can get some of my own tops done, considering I still have 9 - 10 quilt tops of various sizes on the guest room bed!  After that I headed upstairs to get 3 runs of Minty Crisps done:  


It had to chill in the fridge for a bit, but I finally got it all bagged up...I always make a lot because it seems to be a very popular offering:  














Michael had spaghetti & meatballs for dinner, then left at 5 PM for rehearsal.  I headed back to my studio and got 2 quilts of valor basted on Miss Scarlett, 














and started to sew together border strips for the fish quilts.  He got home at 10 PM, we watched a cooking show and then stumbled into bed  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.