Sunday, December 24, 2017

2nd top done, champagne, mac & cheese

Michael left for golf Saturday morning (12/23) and I headed downstairs to sew.  I got another border put on my center blocks:  


Looking at it I wish I had put a tiny border of the gold on before this latest green, because it is so dark…and blends right into the brown….but oh well…it’s done now and there’s no way I was ripping it all out, not to mention I didn’t think I even had enough of the green to make a slightly larger border.  I got a call from Susan and took a break to deliver some ritz/peanut butter rounds and to visit for about an hour before I headed back to the grindstone :~).  

But, I kept looking at my blocks on the design wall and they kept bugging me….so I came up with a solution:  


Not as perfect as if I had put a small gold border in in the first place, and it took me an incredibly long time to do, but I think it is definitely an improvement :~).  While Michael was out golfing, I also spent time wrapping more Christmas presents (with my patented bows :~):  


And by dinnertime I had the final border on my second mannish quilt:  


Now I just have to buy some brown fleece and get them quilted.  

So...many months ago I saw a special on TV for CALL THE MIDWIFE.  I know the series is currently on PBS, but they have it from the very beginning on NETFLIX.  Well, I ran out of things to watch on TV, so I have been watching it on NETFLIX…. OMgoodness…it is WONDERFUL….I would urge all of you to give it a try.  

Michael came home from golf, very happy with his 82 and we finally had a wonderful evening to relax and spend at home….so, we opened champagne to celebrate the ending of one play….while Michael tried not to think about rehearsals for the next one  :~).  


















And I also wanted to celebrate that the days are once again getting longer, even though winter has officially started.  We talked about having puffy things…but I got a new, stove top mac & cheese recipe (where you don’t even have to cook the pasta separately), so that’s what I made for dinner.  




Sue & Charlie (Michael’s sister & brother-in-law) sent us pears and assorted cheeses for Christmas, so we definitely wanted to use some of that.  I added the only non-blue package of cheese to the recipe and it was scrumptious  :~).  Michael asked if next time I could put tomatoes in it because that's how his mother made it....and I think Mary Jo's mum does the same.

I knit while we watched TV and snuggled for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.