Friday, December 22, 2017

Show & Tell at SHQ, Cookie & Elsie

Michael packed up the car for me and made me breakfast on Thursday (12/21) before heading out for golf.  I got a bunch of stuff done on my computer before leaving for quilting.  It was a wonderful day at quilting…with lots of goodies to share in the kitchen, and lots of beautiful show and tell.  

Mary Ann showed this fabulous Christmas quilt and perfect backing fabric:




Jerry brought in her needlepoint Christmas projects (I have absolutely NO IDEA why these pictures are yellowed  :~(:





















Jerri had an "I SPY" quilt that she thought was too small, so she turned it into a checkerboard on the other side:


















And then made a larger "I SPY" for her grandson:


Along with a 'pretty in pink' quilt for her granddaughter:


Sandra had a pretty tree skirt:


And another quilt for a child with a really pretty backing fabric:


















I was home at 2 PM after a stop at the bank and the library, and found this:  















I read a book until Michael got home with just enough time to have a snack, take a shower and leave for rehearsal.  I think it is totally inconsiderate of his director to decide on Tuesday...2 days ago....less than a week before Christmas, that everyone should bring something on Thursday (today) and they should have a Christmas party before the rehearsal!!!  Christmas is now in 4 days and she throws an impromptu party into the mix…people have to make/get food for it and spend at least an additional hour of rehearsal at this ‘party’…I don’t think the woman has any sense  :~(.  I made up a tray of my candies 


as I did for the opening night of Scrooge so at least Michael didn’t have to worry about anything….except spending an extra hour away from home and not rehearsing :~(.  Sorry, rant over…

I spent the evening sewing…I got the border put on mini-Tuscan: 


and got a small border put on a leftover piece of the deer quilt I made as a gift:  


I also took the remaining 30 squares from mini-Tuscan and made a stair step pattern (MUCH easier on my brain) as the start of a mini-mini-Tuscan  :~):  


Michael was home by 9:30 PM and told me all about the party/rehearsal before we watched a bit of TV.  

1 comment:

  1. Hasn't Michael ever worked with this director before? What a nut case to throw a last minute party at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.