Thursday, November 30, 2017

another hot spot cleaned, second quilting done

My honey headed out for golf on Wednesday morning (11/29) and for me it was ‘best laid plans’ and all that jazz…I had planned to go to WALMART first thing to get all of my chocolate supplies (my 20 pounds of chocolate arrived over a week ago…but I don’t have anything to go with it!), but I couldn’t find my recipes and when I went to re-print them, my computer was totally screwed up.  By the time everything got straightened out it really was too late to go (it’s always a zoo between Thanksgiving and Christmas unless you go super early), but there was an upside.  In looking for my recipes I had another organizational moment.  Here’s the ‘always overflowing’ basket-of- things-to-go-to-the-basement that sits at the top of my basement stairs (I thought somehow my plastic sleeve of recipes could have gotten in there):  














And here’s what it looked like after 15 short minutes of putting things away:  














Now really….it literally took 15 minutes to get rid of everything in that basket…why can’t I keep it neater??  

After that I headed downstairs to continue to sew on CUTE SEA LIFE, and started up quilting on the second quilt loaded on my long arm.  There’s so much going on with the paisley print in the quilt that I didn’t want to add to that, so I just picked a simple stipple in a larger stitch out.  














In the early afternoon I headed out to the lanair to read my book (it got up to 70 degrees today) and when my honey came home around 3 PM (with a score of 85) he joined me for a bit of reading and a nap!  He had the second serving of shrimp scampi for dinner and by the time I joined him on the couch at 8 PM I had the quilting finished on the second quilt:  


and the blocks for the 3 CUTE SEA LIFE quilts were all sewn together: 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.