Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Elsie & Cookie, Caramel Popcorn, Fort Mill Membership meeting

Michael was up early to go golfing on Monday (12/11) even though the temperature was still in the 20’s when he left….brr_r_r!!  Since he never got any Star Bread for breakfast on Sunday due to how long it took to rise, he said he was going to have TWO pieces with his eggs….and he did:  


He had company in the hallway while he was eating, as always lying in the shaft of sunlight:  














I headed to the kitchen to knock out my last 2 kinds of ‘candy’.  I think I’ve been procrastinating on the caramel popcorn because it is definitely the most labor intensive and takes the longest to make….so I’ve told myself that next year I should DO IT FIRST!!  I started at 9 AM and was finally finished with 2 runs of it by 12:30:  




I decided I deserved a treat….so of course I headed downstairs to sew  :~).  I worked on my black & white 4-patches until Michael got home from golf.  He was going to sit out on the lanair and read, but I told him I had been feeling a bit lonely with all of the hours he was away for the play, so we sat and talked for about an hour.  After that it was time to get cleaned up and changed to head off to the annual membership meeting at Fort Mill Playhouse.  I set out my winter 'coat' just before hopping in the shower and by the time I came out, someone had already discovered it:


It was nice to see old friends and meet new ones, as well as share wonderful food.  






We were home around 9 PM and read in the front of the fire until we went to bed.  I never did get my dipped oreos done  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.