Saturday, December 23, 2017

lunch w/ Paula, mannish quilts moving along, Jeremy!

Michael and Cookie took a walk Friday morning (12/22) while I sewed together the leftover blocks and then rows to get the center of a new ‘mannish’ quilt done:  


By then it was time for Paula 


to pick me up to head out to LOCAL DISH, a restaurant in downtown Fort Mill that neither one of us has ever been to!  We ordered a chicken sandwich and a shrimp sandwich along with fried green beans and steak fries and then split everything (both of us love to do that):  


Our meal was delicious, but we particularly liked the chicken sandwich and green beans.  We ran a couple of errands on the way home, and the best part was that we got to talk and connect for several hours.  

When I got home I gave Jan a call and went shopping (and visiting) at her house.  I need more borders for my “mannish” quilts and her stash lends itself much more to the green/brown color palette than mine does.  I found the perfect fabric for a second border on the deer center: 














but all of the other fabric I brought home didn’t work.  I think this panel is going to have to go with me to Scrap Happy Quilting to see if there’s anything I can use in our fabric closet.  

I also sewed a dark brown border on the leftover squares: 


and I think I have 2 fabrics in my stash that will finish that up as a Prayers & Squares top.  

Michael and I picked up Gale & Phil at 6:30 and headed into Actor’s Theatre for THE SANTALAND DIARIES…a re-telling of David Sedaris’s time as a Macy’s Elf….it was hysterical…but the best part was taking pictures with Jeremy at the end:  

























We were home by 10 PM and read for an hour before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, yeah this post iss truly good and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.