Monday, December 18, 2017

2 QoV's totally finished!!, good food

We slept in Sunday morning (12/17) after staying up late Saturday night.  Michael had coffee cake for breakfast and then joined me downstairs.  I started quilting on the second quilt on the frame (I know it’s hard to see, but it is the same star pattern of quilting with variegated thread): 


while I was hand stitching down my labels for the two I just bound, and he was checking his emails.  By the time Michael left at 1 PM for the last performance of Scrooge (and the cast party), both quilts were completely finished…YAY!!  


I ended up with 2 identical quilts because Jerri (a Thursday quilter) did a Quilt of Valor that I really admired.  She drew out the pattern for me, but when I made my 1/2 square triangles a different size, her pattern didn’t really work for me.  I made up a similar pattern to hers and I had enough HST to make 2 identical quilts instead, so that’s what I did.  I’ll just make sure I donate them to 2 different places :~).  They also had this cool fleece on the back that Michael scored for me at Joann's quite some time ago:


I continued to work on my quilting in the afternoon, as well as going through my fabric stash.  Scrap Happy Quilters do something called “Prayers & Squares” quilts.  These quilts are available to be requested for someone who is very ill, and when we checked them last Thursday we only had 2 that could possibly be given to a man.  I had some leftover fabric from my recent Tuscan quilt (which was made for a husband), and I thought if I added to it, I might be able to get a masculine looking lap quilt that could be donated for a P&S quilt.  By the time Michael came home at 6:30 PM, I had watched MOONSTRUCK & started FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL while finishing the quilting on the second quilt:  


picking out a pattern and colors for the P&S quilt (I'm just going to do a TRIP AROUND THE WORLD): 


and finally finishing the first color on the four patch frenzy quilt:  


I made one of my favorite salads in the world for dinner (spinach/craisins/sugared pecans and feta cheese):


Michael said the cast party was very nice, and he was both let down and glad that the play was over  :~).  Both of us fell asleep while watching TV, so we were in bed super early….it was a long and tiring week  :~).

My friends have made some fabulous things in the kichen recently!!!  

Jancie & Dennis had a Christmas party over the weekend, and Janice made this as one of the appetizers:


Is that not cute?  She said the first couple took a bit of time, but then she figured out a faster way and after that each one only took about a minute.

And Arizona Mary made a PERFECT looking Cinnamon Star Bread to serve to her Water Arobics ladies today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.