Friday, December 29, 2017

Clinton top finished, dinner at Paula & Doug's

Thursday morning (12/28) was all about packing up the car to get to quilting.  We only had 9 hard core quilters willing to brave the cold (and get out from under the holiday mess), but we all had a lovely time and still had some show and tell:  

Floy with a cute appliqued top

Linda with a jelly roll race quilt

Linda with a fidget quilt

I finally finished off a quilt top that I started at retreat this year (and guess what?  The binding is all made too :~):  


















and managed to finish all 48 blocks for another quilt started at retreat (Michael laid these out on the design wall when I got home):  


This means I get to start a new project to take to Thursday quilting….YAY!!!  

I spent the afternoon cutting fish strips to put borders on the 3 Clinton fish quilts…that is the last thing I want to finish up this week, and then the rest of the week will be straightening up my studio so that I start 2018 with a clean slate  :~).  I finally managed to snap pics of Michael's 3 Christmas cacti, which are all blooming right on time:




We were invited to Paula And Doug’s 


for dinner, so we got there just before 6 PM.  Here’s how sweet Paula is….she heard me mention once that I liked chicken piccata, so that’s what we had for dinner and it was scrumptious!  


She also made yellow rice, buttered broccoli and a totally yummy strawberry/cream cheese/pretzel gelatin salad:  




It was a terrific meal, and she had the cutest homemade gingerbread men for dessert:  


We laughed a LOT while we played several hours of SEVENS and then a rousing game of SHEIST before heading home.  Doug was the big victor for all of the games  :~).  Michael and I read in front of the fire for a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.