Wednesday, December 27, 2017

totally finished QoV, pane bianco

Before I forget (as I did with all of the excitement of yesterday’s Christmas blog!!), I had several questions on my transformation from this: 


to this:  


I only had 5 inches left of a gold color,  so I cut 4 strips at 1-1/8 inches wide and got out one of my trusty bias tape makers:  


Making sure I didn’t put any curves in the fabric, I made non-bias tape and appliquéd it down on the top of the quilt.  Using the tape maker I got 2 finished edges, so that was great.  It took me a long time, but I think it looks a lot better, so that’s all that matters.


It was only 33 degrees when Michael got up on Tuesday (12/26), but he bundled up and left for golf.  I managed to get binding done for one quilt:     


before leaving for Pat’s.  She is helping me with a bit more embroidery, and I didn’t get home until just after 1 PM.  I called Jan and we met at the Lake House at 2 PM to go water walking.  I was home just around 4 PM and headed to my studio to see if I could get something going  :~).  I worked on applying the binding to my quilt and by the time I went upstairs to watch TV with my honey...I was done!  I stitched down the label in the evening and I’ve got another quilt of valor to donate: 


YAY!

My friend Arizona Mary is going to town with her baking...here's her pane bianco ready to go in the oven:


I was sad she didn't have a finished picture...but I'll bet they just ate it too fast as it looked SO yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.