Sunday, December 3, 2017

candy making starts, totally finished Clinton quilt

I was on the road by 6:30 AM on Saturday (12/2) to WALMART to get the rest of my candy making supplies (I still need a few more items, but this will get me started):


  











The next 5 days I don’t have anything on my calendar, so I hope to make that prime candy making time.  Michael left just after 9 AM for rehearsal and I started in making WHITE TRASH.  I was irritated almost immediately because now there are literally 15 different kinds of M&M’s (an ingredient in my white trash) and instead of just dark chocolate I accidentally bought peanut M&M’s.  But I forged ahead because that’s what I had!  



Each year I try to organize my candy making a little bit better.  For years I’ve had an excel spreadsheet which totals up how many gifts I need depending on how many names I put on the list and in what column (for example individual people get one gift whereas the library staff gets multiple gifts.)  Last year I finally made a master list of what I have to buy (in addition to the chocolate) and how much of ingredient based on how many “runs” of each candy I was making.  This year I am going to work on how many and what size bags I need for all of my gifts.  I made 6 runs of WHITE TRASH:  


before heading over to Pat’s to work on a few more Christmas presents.  When I got home at 4 PM Michael and I again worked on getting the wrinkles out of our golf cart cover, then I finally got to head to my studio.  I spent a bit of time getting both quilts off of Miss Scarlett, burying bobbin ends, ripping out basting and getting them trimmed.  I put my nose to the grindstone and got all of the binding applied to the first quilt….


and stitched down the label while watching TV with my honey. 

1 comment:

  1. OK, that quilt is simply beautiful. Is it the lighting, or did you use a pale orange for the background? It doesn't look white in the picture, but I think that makes it prettier.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.