Wednesday, December 20, 2017

mini-Tuscan, 4 patch moving along, BG's hidden wells

We had a lazy, late start on Tuesday (12/19) but eventually Michael and Cookie took off to feed the fish-ies, while I went through our giant pile of mail and got everything sorted away.  I didn’t start to write my blog entry until 10:30!!!  And of course it took a long time due to having many pictures.  By the time I got it done, and finished the smurfy breakfast my honey made for me (can you tell?  I just love egg/cheese/toast!): 


and got through all of my emails, my sew-all-day started at NOON!!  I am working on the mini-Tuscan quilt and as usual, it is hurting my brain due to the diamond nature of the layout:  




I took a break around 3 PM when Jan and I headed to Chik-fil-a for their peppermint/chocolate milkshakes (our first of the season!!), and again at 6 PM for the piece of pizza Michael brought home from Harris Teeter after his haircut.  He left at 6 PM for rehearsal….what!??!?!  Yes, he will be in another play around mid to late February.  The play is called FOUR WEDDINGS AND AN ELVIS and it may sound familiar because he was in this play here at SCCL.  

I continued to work on mini-Tuscan, and doing my 4 patch frenzy as leaders and enders: 




Yes...that color on the right really is the purple you saw the other day....I think my camera hates purple!!

I pushed myself to keep sewing until Michael got home at 9:30 PM… and by then I was well and truly beat  :~).  Of course, the entire time I was working, my 3 fish quilts were rebuking me saying “what about us???  We only need a second border”….but it’s awfully hard for me to resist the lure of something new  :~).

BG started a hidden wells quilt at retreat in 2016 which started out with 28 stratas (for a queen size)!!  She has finished it and it looks beautiful…she will be giving it to her might-as-well-be-another-daughter-they-are-so-close this coming Friday:



















It is so beautiful…I can’t wait to do mine :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.