Thursday, December 7, 2017

4 patch frenzy, breakfast, new quilting started

On Wednesday morning (12/6) once again I got my blog posted just as Janice rang me for SKYPE, which worked perfectly….YAY! 

So……Leila made this quilt on retreat this year:  


and Janice liked it and now has made this: 


so now I’m interested and ask how big to cut black/white strips for 4 patches so that I can get started creating them as leaders and enders….BG hears about this and she wants to start it too!  Today while Janice and I are SKYPE-ing and I ask her more details about the quilt, she says “you probably have the book…it is an old BLOCK magazine from Missouri Star’.  She tells me what to look for and sure enough…I have it.  I open it and inside is a small sticky which says “4 patch frenzy’ (the name of the quilt).  I went through all of my BLOCK magazines awhile ago and put a sticky in the front of each one indicating which quilts in the magazine I wanted to make  :~).  After we are done SKYPE-ing, I send an email to BG telling her that she too has the magazine and attach a picture of the cover (because I know she has the exact same magazines I have :~).  I’ve also heard MJ has expressed interest in doing this quilt…now all we need is for Pat W and June to jump on board and Leila will have kicked off a quilt that will have gone full circle through the Fiber Floozies  :~). 

By the time Janice and I were done SKYPE-ing I was starving and my honey made me a wonderful egg/cheese/spinach/rye toast for breakfast!  


Note those tater tots…he brought them home from lunch yesterday and surprised me with the leftovers today for breakfast….what a sweetie  :~).  By the time I made it back downstairs it was after 11 and I fired up Miss Scarlett to wind bobbins and get started quilting:  


Michael was downstairs going through his emails, so we watched a couple of TV programs together.  I finally decided to take a break from the kitchen and stayed in my studio all day!  We had Mexican Chicken soup from the freezer and cornbread for dinner, and Michael again left at 5 PM for Scrooge rehearsal.  I continued to sew for a bit and got almost all of the quilting done on the first quilt.  I also got the first border put on all 3 Clinton fish quilts:



I’ve spent a good bit of time over the last week diving into new books recommended by Ellen (my favorite librarian!).  They are by Ellen Crosby and are murder mysteries with a wine theme.  So far I’ve gotten through THE MERLOT MURDERS, THE CHARDONNAY CHARADE and THE BORDEAUX BETRAYAL.  Like most of the books I read, they are hard to put down and sometimes I have to be very stern with myself when I have lots to do (like candy making).  My friend Cathy shared a quote from Steven King that sums up exactly how I feel as well: “When you stack up the years we are allowed against all there is to read, time is very short indeed.”   I LOVE to read, and always have a book (or 2!) going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.