Sunday, December 10, 2017

Redding up, Cherry Pie Bars, pot luck

They were predicting snow for us on Saturday morning (12/9), but apparently it swung to the west of us, so it was just freezing rain when we got up.  I was expecting 9 or so people for a pot luck dinner before the play….so redding up was the order of the day!  This is what our kitchen table and island have looked like for about a week….














ever since it became candy central, so all of that stuff had to move for the moment.  I still have 2 kinds of candy to do…dipped oreos and caramel popcorn, but that will have to wait until Sunday.  I got done what I wanted: 


















and headed downstairs with my honey.  He ran his emails while I continued quilting and we both watched the first new episode of THE GREAT AMERICAN BAKING SHOW.  I got all of the quilting finished on the second quilt of valor: 


before heading upstairs to make Cherry Pie Bars for our pot luck.  


Michael had a quick sandwich and took off for the play before everyone arrived with their food:  















We had a nice dinner; everyone seemed to be talking up a storm, and we finally left after 6 PM.  My honey was FABULOUS and I think everyone (there were 17 of us at the play) enjoyed the evening.  When we got home, we watched the second 1/2 of the cooking show (it was 2 hours long) before heading to bed AFTER mid-night!!!  It totally made me want to bake something, so when my honey asked for Cinnamon Star Bread I assured him it was in his near future :~).

Here's a link to an article about my honey and the play:
http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/community/fort-mill-times/article188394814.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.