Wednesday, December 13, 2017

dipped oreos, Cookie & Elsie, lables, halushki's

Michael went out with his buddies for breakfast on Tuesday (12/12) while I hopped up and finally got the last of my candy done (chocolate dipped double stuffed oreos with candy cane garnish):  














I also had company while I was doing it:  














I started to pack my mailer boxes, only to find out that we were out of mailing tape  :~(…I was so sure we had bought extra last year, and I finally found it in Michael’s desk drawer….YAY!  Michael came home from breakfast and helped me to get them all packed up:  


After that it was ‘treat time’  :~), so I headed to my studio for a full day of sewing, while Michael headed out to the golf store and to mail my boxes.  

I have a friend whose daughter works in a nursing home.  My friend is trying to complete a quilt a month for the daughter to give out to a veteran, so I kept my embroidery machine going all day to stitch out 7 labels for her:  


I also finally finished up all of my black/white 4 patch units and started to take my 2 quilts off of the frame.  Michael made halushiki’s for dinner:


but this time with gnocci instead of noodles and it was yummy.  He left at 6 PM for a Scrooge pick-up rehearsal and I continued to work on my quilts.  By the time he got home, both quilts were off of the frame with bobbin ends woven in, basting ripped out and they were trimmed.  They have now been flung onto the ‘to be bound’ pile  :~).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.