Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas Eve!

Michael ran to the store early Sunday morning (12/24) for potatoes, carrots and melting chocolate, then settled in (with his faithful companion) to start learning his lines for the new play:


I got my computer stuff done and spent a bit of time in the kitchen.  Pat & George have an over-the-top Christmas Eve dinner and we were invited again this year.  I wanted to take some hostess gifts, so I made Pat’s favorite…my almond sugar cookies: 


and I dipped ritz/peanut butter for George:  


We also took along some Homemade Bailey’s and (since we finally got the rest of our food gifts delivered) all of the remainingr Christmas candy so that all of the guests could take home a bag:  


I had time in the afternoon to be in my studio, and I got one of the quilts of valor off of the frame and tidied up (basting ripped out and ends woven in) before heading back upstairs to get rolls made to take to P&G’s:


We had drinks and appetizers on their beautiful enclosed porch: 



Sharon & Georgette

Al

Don

Michael & George

our hosts - George & Pat














before settling in for dinner, which started with Casear Salad and rolls and was followed by baked potatoes, broccoli casserole, corn, lobster tails and beef tenderloin.  Not to mention Bernaise sauce for the beef and drawn, heated butter for the lobster:






Lisa, me, Don behind candle, Sharon

Sharon, Al, Georgette, Keith




































Of course, we can't forget the desserts, Pat's homemade cream puffs 




and at least 4 kinds of Christmas cookies and dipped pretzels:


What an incredible meal and what nice company.  We rolled ourselves out of there around 9 PM and were sloths on the couch once we got home!  Merry Christmas Eve!

I have to include one more food picture...Arizona Mary's sister also does candy and she put it all out last night:

OMgoodness...I think I'd like some of her recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.