Friday, December 15, 2017

Christmas at Scrap Happy Quilting

Since we had fresh bread, Michael made gas housers for breakfast on Thursday (12/14)…he really only likes them when the bread is really fresh 


After that he left for golf at Ballentyne with his regular Thursday group.    
Thursday was our Christmas Party at Scrap Happy.  As usual I changed my mind at least half a dozen times about what I was going to take….and when I finally hit the kitchen in the morning, I put the cream cheese back in the fridge and made a Spanish Coffee Cake instead  :~).  

The party was WONDERFUL!!!  So many nice people:  
















so much good food: 



there's my coffee cake

















show and tell ranging from recent, to first projects ever made:  


















I am very irritated with myself that these next 2 pictures are blurry....if you saw the panel that Marge started with, you would realize that her thread painting and embellishment made this design, she is very talented and I hope to get her help on a future project:















I made a quick stop at the library on the way home and dropped off a large box of treats for everyone there, then came home and collapsed.  I was up at 5 AM on Thursday from a combination of too much on my mind, and my hands really hurting a lot (they usually wake me up several times during the night, but I can usually get back to sleep.  For some reason they were extra bad….so I just got up) so, when I got home from quilting I took a nap!  Michael came home as I was getting up and he was really happy with his 83 from the golf course!  He decided to take a nap out the lanair and when he got up he just had time for a quick shower before leaving for another Scrooge performance.  I told myself I needed to be productive while he was gone, so I got those 2 new Quilts of Valor basted: 

first one done, laying on the second one



and made binding for the 2 I just took off of the frame:  


















before my honey got home at 10 PM.  He had lots to tell me so we sat in front of the fire, sipping a bit of wine and talking before bed.

1 comment:

  1. About your hands. Do you sleep with them in a ball or flat? My chiro suggested I try to last time flat. It has helped.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.