Wednesday, November 1, 2017

labels

Happy Halloween!!!!  Michael was up early on Tuesday (10/31) for his breakfast with the guys, while I got showered and printed out a bunch of notes for what I hope will be the final meeting of the lifestyle group.  We met from 9 AM – NOON and tried to develop specifics of how the new committee we have recommended would function.  When I got home I had a long talk with Jan (Cooper has been under the weather with tummy troubles for several days) before reading my book for a bit.  My honey came home from all of his errands (Pet Smart, BJ’s, Lowe’s, KFC, and picking up our car) with 2 chicken pot pies that were totally yummy!!!  I finally headed to my studio around 2 PM to continue to work on stuff.  I fired up Miss Scarlett on Paula’s second quilt, while also firing up my embroidery machine for 3 promised labels:  





I'm not sure I like the last one, I think I will re-do it with white thread...it seems little hard to read for me.  Paula came to visit and was understandably fascinated while watching Miss Scarlett do her thing  :~).  Around dinnertime I totally ran out of energy….Michael had a salad, and I had popcorn for dinner, after which he left to pick up Larry to go and see “ONLY THE BRAVE’’: a true story of the Granite Mountain firefighters.  It had excellent acting, and it was a great story about what firefighters have to go through to fight forest fires and it also had a quite involved human interest story about the whole team of fire fighters and their families.  Michael gave it 4 fat quarters out of 5.  I was too tired to work on stuff for other people (if I’m going to screw stuff up I want it to me my own stuff  :~), so I finished up sewing all of the Vortex blocks into rows….YAY!



Stash Report = well my pets….it’s good news again this month.  I neither bought nor was given any fabric in October, and I used 10-3/4 yards which was mostly on Vortex, but also included backing for Tuscan.  Year-to-Date I’ve bought or been given 73-1/2 yards of fabric, but used 133-3/4 yards, so I’m still 60-1/4 yards to the good….YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.