Friday, November 17, 2017

basking in the sun, Show & Tell at SHQ, deer visitor

Michael was up early on Thursday (11/16) to head out for golfing, while I packed up Show and Tell and knitting to take to quilting.   I was bumming a ride from Mary Ann and I figured it was just too much of a pain to take all of my sewing stuff.  My babies were basking in the sun again when she picked me up at 9 AM:  














We had a lively group at quilting, with just a bit of show and tell;   

Marge had a great quilt; I believe it is the first one she stippled on Miss Margie:


















Another pieced out, looking beautiful in batiks from Loree:



Marge again with lunch bags for her grandkids:


I didn't realize I never got a good picture of this next one from Denise...sometimes I hate our camera...it makes a beep sound when it focuses, and people think that beep is the picture taking, so then they move:



You've seen Sandy's recently when she picked it up...but it's so nice I thought you deserved to see it again:


And finally...June has sucked Denise into 'picture piecing' and Denise is 1/2 way through with her picture (really...these gals are insane!!):


You should really make that picture bigger....it is all TEENY TINY bits of fabric sewn together.

When I got home, I wrapped up the deer quilt (since I had taken it for show and tell)


and gave it to Kevin as an early birthday present (since it's already deer hunting season here)….he was speechless!!!  Honestly, he didn’t know what to say and finally said “I know right where this is going, over the back of the sofa”!  After he and Angie left, I headed to the library, then spent a pleasant hour on the lanair, with my babies again:  




Michael got home from golfing at Ballentyne and was extremely pleased with his score of 80.  He took a short nap on the lanair, then showered, ate and headed out to rehearsal.  We had a backyard visitor in the late afternoon: 














(well actually we had more than one visitor since Paula also stopped by to chat)!  

I got 4 more rows of quilting done on the bird quilt before SKYPE-ing with Janice for an hour.  After that I got just a bit of fabric cut for a new Clinton quilt before my honey came home and we snuggled together for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.