Saturday, November 11, 2017

Doug & Paula for dinner, Tuscan completely finished!

Michael took Cookie for a walk early Friday morning (11/10) while I headed downstairs to get some paperwork done and to fire up Miss Scarlett.  By 11 AM the quilting was done on Sandy’s quilt:  


I spent a bit of time doing the finishing (burying ends, ripping out basting, trimming) and then quickly loaded up the new backing fabric I bought with Pat last Sunday.  I am hoping to get my deer quilt all finished before Pat calls me on Saturday to come over and load up her quilts  :~).  I got the quilt loaded and basted 


and got the program set up before heading upstairs for some lunch and to measure out my ingredients for cornbread for dinner.  I worked on some patriotic 1/2 square triangles for a bit after that before heading back upstairs for good.  Doug & Paula came for dinner…













we had a light appetizer, 


then Mexican Chicken Soup 

I put some cubes of jalapeno cheese in mine!
with cornbread for dinner.  


We played SHEIST for the rest of the evening before indulging in cookies for dessert.  It was such a nice, casual, enjoyable evening!

Yesterday I forgot to mention that the Tuscan quilt is totally done:  


I paid Jerri L from Thursday quilting to hand stitch the binding and she returned it to me on Thursday….I forgot to show it for Show & Tell, so I’ll take it in next week, then let my customer know that it is ready for Christmas….YAY…I’m very glad it’s totally done.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Tuscan Quilt. - that turned out beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.