Friday, November 10, 2017

Veterans Day AT Scrap Happy Quilters!

Michael was up early on Thursday (11/9) hoping to golf in spite of the rain.  I was up as well to get some rolls done to take to quilting, 


along with the pasta casserole.  Michael ended up not going golfing, giving him plenty of time to pack all of my stuff in the car  :~).  When I got to the church, I didn’t even bother to take in my machine….I should have figured it out earlier, but we had a lot of set up to do for the veterans, 


















so I just took in my knitting and that seemed to work well.  We had a bit of show and tell before the veterans came:  

Guess who's going to be a gramma!!!

Leslie

Susie - showing us she doesn't always make large quilts:


















Cheryle with a really cute 'snowman gift exchange':


June finished the Christmas wreath she started at FF retreat:














And Ann (mother of our newest member Dee) showed us an incredible and totally personalized quilt she made for her grandson:


And then everyone arrived and our luncheon was truly wonderful  :~).  The quilters outdid themselves with the food:








All of the veterans seemed so very appreciative, 




















and I believe a good time was had by all.  We sent several plates of food home with various veterans and got everything cleaned up before leaving around 2 PM.  I made a quick stop at the library before going home to talk with my honey.  While I was at quilting, we were all talking about going home and taking a nap, and that’s exactly what I did.  It was 52 degrees on the lanair and I snuggled into a quilt and drifted off…it was heavenly  :~).  

Michael had some leftover pizza before leaving for rehearsal, while I headed downstairs and made a lot of headway on Sandy’s quilt.  By the time Michael came home, I had only 2 more rows to go…which I hope to polish off tomorrow morning.  I know the quilting stands out on the darker red borders, but I wanted a thread color that disappears in the middle of the quilt and I believe this one does:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.