Friday, November 24, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!  I think this is the most relaxing Thanksgiving Day I have ever spent  :~).  I’ve never gone to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner before, but one of Michael’s golfing buddies invited us to join him and 2 other couples at the Fish Market in Baxter Village, so that’s where we went.  

But before that, I spent a relaxing morning in my studio, working on the bird quilt.  By the time we left at 1 PM for our dinner, the bird quilt binding was completely done…awaiting only the hand stitching on the label…I think it turned out beautifully!  My customer used that beautiful bird fabric and with lots of fussy cutting made a gorgeous pattern:


We left just after 1 PM to pick up Sergio & Emma: 


and to meet Debbie & Roger 


and Lu & Marilyn 


at the restaurant.  I sat beside Debbie & Roger and had a great time as they are both from Pittsburgh!!  We were talking during dinner and Roger said "I even graduated from a local college....Indiana University of Pennsylvania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I wanted to scream...that's my alma mater and it was too fabulous that it was Roger's too!  Michael just shook his head  :~).

Michael was our waiter: 


and they served turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, collard greens, corn pudding, cranberry sauce, gravy and mac & cheese family style.  All of the food was excellent, but we all agreed the cornbread dressing was the best!  Lu & Marilyn invited us back to the house for pie and conversation and that was just lovely.  We also got to meet Rocky:  


We were finally home after 6 PM and Michael wanted to watch a bit of TV while I read my book.  I guess the turkey’s tryptophan kicked in because I couldn’t keep my eyes open and was in bed by 9 PM!!!  It was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.