Thursday, November 2, 2017

Ginny's postcard, Diane's Clinton quilts

Michael and I both had a slow start to the morning on Wednesday (11/1), for me of course, the highlight was SKYPE-ing with Janice for over an hour.  What with one thing and another, I didn’t make it to my studio until the afternoon…and then it was a slow, no energy slog of a little quilting and a little sewing.  Although my congestion seems much better and I am sure I am on the mend, I just had a hard time mustering up any energy for anything quilting related.  I mostly spent the afternoon and evening reading my book and drinking hot chocolate!  Michael had rehearsal in the evening, and I was practically already asleep when he got home at 9:30 PM. 

Although my hydrangeas definitely got clipped by the frost earlier this week, our 9 foot tall rosebush is still producing:  


And I thought you would enjoy Ginny’s postcard for Halloween (she comes up with something new for every holiday!!):


I have 2 other pictures I’ve been keeping in reserve…my friend Diane made and quilted 2 quilts for Clinton school.  She talked to the nurse and we are hoping they will be kept in the nurse's office for visitations by sick kids…aren’t these adorable??  Diane does a LOT of charity quilting for the Charlotte Guild, so I’m really grateful she took the time to support Clinton as well.















Oh….I almost forgot the most important thing!!!!!  Michael spent a lot of Wednesday morning registering us for this:  


Our eclipse chasing, Tahiti bound ship for July of 2019!!!!  Yep, you can officially call us “eclipse chasers”…we are SO EXCITED!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea to have quilts in the nurses' office ! Very cute. As I wrote on Michael's facebook - the hermit is going to leave her cave to go halfway around the world ??!! LOL MJnCT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane's first quilt you show is the pattern I am starting now myself. That's the one Leila did on retreat in Halloween fabric. I like how it looks in Diane's colors, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.