Sunday, November 5, 2017

Cooper & Jan, pillow cases

My honey left before 8 AM on Saturday for golf (11/4), and I got my blog out and then started to read my emails.  I get emails from a machine embroidery place called Urban Threads.  I saw something on one of their emails that was just beautiful, so I went to the website to look at it.  OMword…I found 4 designs I absolutely fell in love with.  I zipped off a quick email to Pat W saying “help!!!  I’m on Urban Threads contemplating buying designs that I don’t need”.  Within seconds my phone rings and she says ‘‘what do they look like…will I like them???”  She was NO HELP AT ALL :~)!!!!  We each ended up buying 4 designs apiece and talking and laughing about it for 1/2 an hour…it was a great start to the morning. 


When I finally got off the phone, I fired up Miss Scarlett…. determined to finish the quilting on Paula’s second quilt.  And by 12:30 I was done and had also completed another label for her in different colored thread:


headed upstairs then to get a start on dinner, but as I walked into the kitchen the phone rang…and it was our guest begging off.  Tom had a tooth pulled on Friday and is not recovering as quickly as he had hoped….so I headed right back downstairs to keep quilting  :~).  We had 2 visitors in the afternoon:  

Cooper & Cookies


Jan

and after that I spent most of the time on pillowcases.  Since I still had all of my fabric handy and my serger set up, I made 2 pillow cases to go with Vortex once it is finally finished:  














Speaking of Vortex (aka Time Travel), Arizona Mary has started hers and I LOVE it:



Then I got 2 more pillow cases done:


to go with this quilt:  


and 2 more:














to go with this quilt:  


Both of these quilts will be going to Beds = Dreams this Thursday….I am a little sad to see them go…especially the bargello like rainbow one….but I can always make another….right?  

Michael and I headed to Fort Mill Playhouse at 7 PM to see “I DO, I DO”….it was SO FUNNY!!  We laughed and laughed…the acting/singing/everything was just excellent.  When we got home, we poured something to drink, lit the candles and enjoyed the lanair for an hour before bed....it was SO very peaceful and quiet.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized the Vortez is a block that is 2 half square triangles and 2 four patches -- what an incredibly easy block that is so dramatic looking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.