Monday, November 13, 2017

big fry-up, newest QoV moving along

Michael was up early Sunday (11/12) to make us a big fry-up for breakfast (can you tell we watched AS TIME GOES BY last night?), 




while I made pancakes:  




We had a beautiful, new rose to gaze at during breakfast…we’re still getting a bloom now and then from our bush by the garage.  


After that I headed back to the studio to figure out this newest Quilt of Valor.  I worked on it and got the inner top all stitched together by 1:30 PM, 




when we took off to work concessions at Fort Mill.  We had already decided to stop at Ruby Tuesday’s on the way home for an early dinner (I’ve been craving a burger), so we didn’t get back home until 6 PM.  I wanted to try to get borders on the patriotic and managed to get 2 on before heading upstairs for a bit more work in the kitchen.  


trust me...althought it's hard to see...there IS a white border on it
























Paula (who is ALWAYS looking out for me chicken-carcass wise) had brought down 3 rotisserie chicken carcasses that she had picked for Cooking Fingers.  I got them in the crockpot Saturday night and it was time to strain the stock after 24 hours of cooking:  


I’m glad she brought them as I am getting low on home made stock in the freezer.  After that I settled in with my honey to watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.