Sunday, November 12, 2017

Elsie & Cookie, Pat quilts

I had Miss Scarlett fired up and stitching out before 7:30 AM Saturday morning (11/11), while Michael was making his traditional omelet before golf, and our babies were basking in the sun:  














We were supposed to get a freeze overnight, but I don’t think it got down quite that low.  I was very happy about that as I wanted to harvest a bit more thyme before my plant got frozen.  I stitched away in the morning and the quilting was done by 10 AM on my deer quilt…I don’t think I’ve ever finished a quilt that fast  :~).  But I was glad I was done in plenty of time for Pat to come over at 10 AM to start loading up her quilts.  She spent the late morning and early afternoon quilting: 














while I worked on making patriotic 1/2 square triangles:  


Of course now I have to back my way into the center of the design and I am NEVER very good at that  :~(.  Pat left after 3 PM and I headed out to my garden to harvest a second crop of thyme.  After killing 2 plants last year and having none over the winter, it is a delight to harvest for the second time this year!  


With an added bonus of a green tomato that I hope will ripen… imagine… picking a tomato on Veterans Day….YAY for the south  :~).  We both had leftovers for dinner after which I worked in the studio for just a bit more before snuggling in with my honey in front of the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.