Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Cookie & Elsie all over, Pat's 2 quilts

Michael left before 8:30 AM on Monday (11/13) for golfing at Fort Mill, and Pat W arrived before 9 AM to continue working on her quilt:  


Because Pat was there visiting, Cookie was downstairs with us, and snuggling commenced:  





Paula and I had our ritual phone call to make reservations for the Greenway Restaurant, after which I put the final border on the newest Quilt of Valor top (which Michael thinks looks really classy):  


Pat finished off her first quilt: 


and got her second one loaded and basted and FINISHED by 1 PM:  














both of these quilts will be Christmas presents for lucky people in her life.  She said she was exhausted and was going home to take a nap!!!  I know just how she felt….when you’re quilting it doesn’t seem like you’re doing that much work….but somehow it just tires you right out!  When I walked her upstairs, this was happening (must have been a snuggly kind of day):  




I headed back to the studio and got the label done for my deer quilt: 


and got the binding sewn on the first half of the quilt before collapsing myself  :~) out on the lanair, with other tired beings:  














Michael took those pictures when he came home from golf and we talked for just a bit before he showered, had a quick dinner and headed out for rehearsal.  I spent the evening totally finishing my deer quilt:  

















It’s a gift for a friend and I hope to give it away this Thursday….the back is SO VERY SOFT with that new lush fabric on the back.  It was not the easiest thing to work with, but so worth it!

Arizona Mary finished a perfect paper pieced quilt (doesn't it look intricate?):


Wonder if it's a Christmas present as well??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.