Friday, November 3, 2017

Scrap Happy Quilters show & tell, Arizona Mary finished quilt

Michael packed up my car for quilting on Thursday (11/2) in between making his omelet for breakfast and leaving for golfing, and I delivered my 2 latest Quilts of Valor to my VFW contact on the way to quilting.  Although it is the first Thursday of the month, we decided to postpone our luncheon at quilting until NEXT Thursday, and invite all of the veterans we know.  Stay tuned to see how that goes  :~).  I had a wonderful time at quilting…finally got all of the rows put together for a quilt started on retreat…and 3 people asked me for the pattern  :~).  I just need to pull together some borders for it.  We had wonderful (if small) show and tell: 




















and a great lunch (everyone just brought their own from home, but there was a lot of sharing) and I got home just before 2 PM.  I sat out on the lanair reading and waiting for my honey to get home (which he did…with an 86!) and we talked for a bit before I headed back downstairs.  I continued to put together the rows for Vortex and discovered that I had put rows 7 & 8 together in the wrong order….so that took me 1-1/2 hours to rip out as Michael and I watched TV in the evening.  

So, when I couldn’t sew the rows any longer…I MADE myself do a totally yucky task.  I have 3 quilts done for Beds = Dreams, but I haven’t turned them in yet because at the time I made them, I also cut out fabric for 6 pillow cases.  That pillow case fabric has been sitting since July…..so I finally dragged out my serger and changed it over from rolled edge to regular seaming, and also changed the thread color.  Now it will be all ready to go on Friday when I get done with my errands….YAY!!!

I got an email from my friend Arizona Mary....she's been working on the sew-a-long that my Asheville friend Carole put up on her blog and she is finally finished with it:


I absolutely LOVE it!!!  She picked perfect colors and did a beautiful job and it will look wonderful in her house this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.