Monday, November 6, 2017

coffeecake, more Beds=Dreams quilts, strips for projects

I made a Spanish coffee cake on Sunday morning (11/5) 


while Michael was walking the dog (thanks for the coffeecake BG!) and we both enjoyed our breakfast out on the lanair:  


After that I spent quite a bit of time pulling my Beds=Dreams donations together.  Even though I don’t have matching pillow cases for them, I put 3 more finished quilts in the IKEA bag for Beds = Dreams:  




Are you sensing the rainbow theme here  :~)?  So with the two I packed yesterday, I guess I’m donating 5 single bed sized quilts this year  :~).  

And I got all of my Clinton quilts folded up and ready to go…I’ll post pics when they actually leave the house!


I spent the hours before leaving cutting strips for borders on my Thursday quilt top (Fiber Floozies...does it look familiar?):  


and more strips to finish up another Clinton quilt started on retreat (man - I have no idea why the camera put such an orange-y cast on this pic!):  



While I was cutting, Michael came downstairs to work on his computer...and Cookie joined us.  I thought she looked adorable all snuggled down into my blanket:














I also found a project I took on retreat, but didn’t get to:  


This will be made for a friend who is a hunter, and I really want to get it done, so that will be my ‘at home’ project…being made into the “John Deere’ quilt pattern.  

Michael and I left before 2 PM to work concessions at Fort Mill.  We were done by 4:30 and split a sandwich from ARBY’s for dinner.  As soon as I was done, Pat picked me up and we headed to Joann’s for some 108’’ wide fabric for one of her quilts (luckily one store was open until 8 PM).  Although I wasn’t looking for anything…I found a FABULOUS backing for the deer quilt I showed above….it is a dark brown and so very soft and snuggle-y…when Michael felt it he immediately said “I want this for the back of a quilt for me!!”  Pat and I sat in her sewing studio and talked for over an hour when we got back before she brought me home.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new Beds= Dreams quilts - what a wonderful donation! Mike worked for the 2 days on the last bed building event and they made 62 beds. My goal for 2018 is to make a couple of quilts for this as well!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.