Saturday, November 18, 2017

bird quilting finished, new quilt started, Grant Z & MPD, friend's show & tell

My honey was waiting for the frost to lift on Friday (11/17) before taking Cookie for a walk, so he made me another smurfy breakfast:  


I got the last 2 rows on the bird quilt finished in the morning…HOORAY!!  


Although there is a lot of rippling due to the borders being too large, I didn’t put any pleats in the quilt top, so that it is terrific (getting it bound with no pleats will be another matter entirely).  After that I decided I needed to treat myself, so I pulled out my focus fabric for a new Clinton quilt: 


and started to make 1/2 square triangles to go with it:  


I worked on that in the afternoon before getting cleaned up to head into Charlotte for the theatre.  Thank goodness my honey puts up with my need to leave super early…we certainly had an adventure last night.  First off, it was bumper to bumper traffic traveling 6 miles per hour practically the entire way into Charlotte.  Michael and I found the PERFECT parking space, and hurried over to the CPCC Halton Theatre for the Actor’s Theatre production of HAND TO GOD….only to find out that the play being performed that night was Hansel and Gretel!!!!!  I totally confused 2 of the college campus theatres in Charlotte. Thanks to the assistance of 2 wonderful women in the lobby, we got the address for the Queen's University Hadley Theatre and ran to our car and raced on over there.  We got to our seats in time to read the program before the play even started….WHEW!!  As usual, the play was totally unfamiliar and totally interesting, but what made it extra special was that Grant Z was part of the cast.  Michael worked with Grant about 8 years ago in INHERIT THE WIND and realized right then that Grant had something special.  


















This is not the first time we have seen Grant in a professional production, and now that he is a graduate with his BFA, he is moving to NYC in January to continue his theatre career.  He is a wonderful actor and a terrific kid and we’re both sure he’ll do well.


I have wonderful show and tell from some of my friends to share with you.

Arizona Mary saw these cover-ups at a craft show, made up her own pattern and put them together for 2 of her friends:


BG has found her own 'Clinton School' in Connecticut and is busy making quilts to donate:


And Pat has finished a truly gorgeous table runner for someone on her Christmas gift list:


















I hope you like all of my friend's Show and Tell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.