Saturday, November 4, 2017

Vortex top done!, planting outside, pizza

I had to run errands Friday morning (11/3) and didn’t get home until 2 PM.  I got a couple of rows of quilting done on Paula’s quilt, and also got all of the rows of Vortex sewn together (Arizone Mary - are you going to make this one???)  


I had planned on putting the puzzle fabric on as a border….but it is already 10 inches longer than what it should be to be donated, so with Loree’s help I have decided to quilt it as is and just use the puzzle fabric as a binding.  I'm open to suggestions on thread color...ideally I think I should be using monofilament, but am too afraid to try that route on my machine.  

While I was sewing in the afternoon, Michael was working on his outside chores….fixing our golf cart…and helping Anne M with hers, and planting a new rosemary plant.  We pulled out our rosemary ‘hedge’ for the second time in 10 years, and will try to control the growth by using a pot this time.  At least if it outgrows the pot, we will be able to re-plant it ourselves instead of hiring someone with a back hoe to get it out!!!


I also have a sage plant that made it through last winter in a pot, but Michael has planted it in the front bed, where I’m hoping it will make it through this winter (I always have to have a supply of sage for the butternut squash pasta dish :~).  There was another sage plant in the front bed, but I gave that away to June S when she came over to dig some yellow iris out of the front bed.  I figured I didn't really need 2 of them.

my he-man at work :~)

this clay is WAY tough to dig in, not to mention geting through crape myrtle roots


And I finally got a picture of Michael with our rose bush so that you have a frame of reference on the height…I guess this is a southern thing, because it gets this tall every year…and it is NOT a climber!!  Makes it challenging to pick the blooms in the fall.  And believe me, every February Michael trims it down to 1-1/2 feet high.


I had leftover roll dough from last Sunday that I was determined to make a pizza with on Monday….well…here it is Friday and I’m finally getting the pizza made  :~).  I didn’t realize we didn’t have any jarred sauce, but Joe had brought us back some wonderful tomatoes again from the beach, so we just chopped those up on the herbed crust, with mozzarella and cheddar and threw it in the oven….OMword….both of us couldn’t believe how good that pizza was!!!  (I'm attributing it all to the yummy crust.)  
















I headed downstairs for just an hour after dinner and got the first 2 pillow cases done (pics tomorrow), and then knit for the rest of the evening while watching TV with my honey.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy ! Vortex looks great - maybe yellow for thread ? Can't believe you had to back-hoe the rosemary bush !!! MJnCT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.