Tuesday, November 7, 2017

deer quilt started, Paula's 2 quilts

Michael left for golf at 8 AM on Monday (11/6) while I got a few strips cut for the deer quilt before leaving for a board meeting at 10:30 AM.  The lifestyle committee I have been on did another presentation to the board, and we also got to hear reports from the committee chairs.  It was a very interesting discussion, but I was glad to get home at NOON, have a bite of lunch, and continue to work on my quilt.  I had all of the first stratas done


before Michael came home around 2 PM with a score of 80, including 2 birdies, so he was understandably happy!  I started to add my strata to the deer blocks:


before having a quick salad (I made Janice’s oriental salad…Mary Jo…new recipe for November!!!) with my honey for dinner before he left at 5 PM for the movies.  He has rehearsal Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, so he and Larry decided to go and see “THOR“ tonight.  Paula came down to pick up her 2 quilts…I am SO PROUD of her….she has done an incredible job…starting with the patterns which were just my scratchings on the back of an envelope!!!  


















After she & Michael left, I headed back downstairs and started to sew the second strata onto some of my blocks.  


Michael and I didn’t get to talk a lot when he got home, but he did say that he would give THOR 5 fat quarters out of 5!!!  He and Larry weren’t even going to see it, but it got such a good review in the paper that they changed their minds…and apparently they agreed with the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.