Monday, December 12, 2016

waffles, Elsie & Cookie, pesto appetizers, bundt cake

If you’ve always dreamed of seeing my honey in his pajamas, check out this link: 


Michael brought home the Rock Hill HERALD where he got a front page picture and write-up for his part in SCROOGE.





















He asked if we could have waffles for breakfast on Sunday morning (12/11), so I hopped up and found WAFFLES OF INSANE GREATNESS (yes…I have at least 5 different waffle recipes (my honey loves waffles) and have made them all at least once according to my whim) and whipped them up.  


They were yummy and he’ll have 2 left over to have for breakfast later in the week.  


After that I headed off to the studio where I continued to work on the Steelers quilt…and dream about my Christmas quilt :~).  I got all of the bobbin ends woven in, all of the basting ripped out, the label stitched out:


and also got the quilt trimmed before heading upstairs to cook a few things I need for Monday.  Michael had already left at 1 PM for his matinee performance…and this is what I saw once I got to the living room:  

maybe I'll just share the chair

maybe if I get closer, but don't touch her I'll be ok

I'll just pretend to be settling in here on the left

is she asleep?  can I sneak closer?

ahhhhhhhhhh

I put together an appetizer for the Cooking Fingers Tea: 

pesto I froze in an ice cube tray...thawing out

blobbed onto puff pastry

spread out in even layer

covered with parmesan

rolled up, sliced and covered with egg wash

baked

yum!

and also made an almond/apricot bundt cake for Michael to take to the FMCP membership meeting Monday night:  
had to use my terrarium trick to soften the butter




By then my honey was home and we spent a pleasant hour drinking champagne (we had to celebrate the first weekend of the play being done :~) and reading our books in front of the fire.  We had baked potatoes for dinner and watched TV after that while I continued to knit on my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.