Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Dr McDonald, Cookie & Elsie

Michael headed out to breakfast on Monday (12/5) with his golfing buddies, while I headed out to run a bunch of errands.  My dentist was finally back at work, so I dropped off 2 baby quilts to the proud papa:  


then I hit Michael’s and found the perfect card stock for a future project, and some washable yarn for another project.  After that I hit KOHL’s…I had $15 in KOHL’s bucks from buying all of the towels for cast gifts….so I got a pair of jeans and a new top (all ready for New Year’s Eve now) for 25 bucks….WHOO HOO!  After a quick stop at CVS to pick up prescriptions I headed on home.  It was after 11 AM (and I forgot to take any almonds for my breakfast), so I was STARVING….my honey brought home extra bacon and hash browns from his breakfast….so I fried up an egg and had the leftovers with that.  I finally hit my studio around NOON and got the first label going for my 2 newest Clinton quilts:  



and started to attach the binding:  



Michael really needed some down time in the afternoon, and sometimes Cookie will not settle down with him, so I take her downstairs.  And this is where she sits….



at the bottom of the stairs…in front of the gate….softly whining until her “dad” is up and moving again and she gets to go upstairs!!  Afterwards, he came down to check his emails….and another quasi – snuggling action happened:  





I headed upstairs in the late afternoon to get dinner going.  Michael wanted spaghetti & meatballs, so we had that with green beans before he took off at 5:30 PM for rehearsal.  I had a nice long chat with Jan in the early evening, read a bit of my book, and got 2 skeins of my yarn wound and started a sweater before Michael got home after 10 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.