Thursday, December 29, 2016

Pat's Birthday

I’ve been drying 2 of Michael’s wool sweaters on the kitchen island for the last couple of days:  



Tuesday night I decided they were dry enough to put over the backs of the living room chairs, but that meant putting my mohair throw on the seat of the chairs.  So….Wednesday morning (12/28) there was this:  
















Both Cookie & Elise LOVE that mohair throw.  If I decide to take a nap with it…both of them usually come and curl up with me.  There’s just something about it that all 3 of us love.  Anyway, when I finished with breakfast I started re-batching my soap.  

chopping up my soap logs

and getting them into a bag and into boiling water for 1-1/2 hours
































What a long, boring and messy process, but finally it was back in the molds:  



It certainly won’t look good enough to sell, but it will still be perfectly fine for me and Michael to use.  When I was finished I sat down in the living room to finish THE OBSESSION by Nora Roberts….OMgoodness…I just couldn’t put it down, but I am finally done and by afternoon was ready to hit my studio.  I got the binding totally done on one side of the retreat hidden wells…but I do not have a good thread color to finish it.  So….I have to set it aside until I can make it to Joann’s.  By then it was time to get cleaned up to head off to Pat’s surprise 70th birthday party.  It was at a Charlotte restaurant called the BEEF & BREW.  Traffic was horrendous, but we still made it ahead of the birthday gal.  

waiting guests

the birthday gal arrives...

George detailing all Pat has done in her 70 years

presents

reading cards

opening presents

more presents

and even more presents!

the cake with sewing theme!

When we got home we read for just a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.