Friday, December 16, 2016

Steelers quilt, new quilt, Jan & Cookie

Thursday (12/15) was quilting.  Michael didn’t even have to pack my machine because I had a ton of cutting to do, and figured if I got through all of that, I would just knit.  Well…..there was no cutting and no knitting :~).  Instead there was lots of talking, lots of laughing, lots of eating and just general merriment.  I took in the Steelers quilt, 
















just to show the 2 other long arm-ers in the group how much the new basting/loading technique helped it to lay flat with those 12 inch borders.  The 3 of us had a LONG conversation about that and about what we all were going to try in the future.  When I got home from quilting, I did some tidying up for my tea on Friday, and got a new Clinton quilt (rainbow pinwheels) loaded up on Miss Scarlett (the Thursday quilters from my table should recognize this....I worked on it only on Thursdays until all of the blocks were done):  


Michael left at 5:30 for a performance and Jan came over for a lovely visit.  


I got an embroidery done for my UFO Christmas quilt (pictures when I get all of the threads snipped) and had a nice chat with Michael when he got home from the play.  There was one glitch when someone did not come out on stage when they were supposed to…but another cast member sailed in the breach and Michael thought no one was the wiser :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.