Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Christmas door hanging, toffee, rainbow white - totally done

Michael left at 8:30 for yet another breakfast meeting with friends on Tuesday morning (12/6) and I finally got my door hanging up:


just before I had a meeting with a new quilting client.  She has a king sized quilt that she would like to have done for Christmas AND she wants me to do the binding…YIKES!  This will definitely be a challenge with everything else I want/need to get done before Christmas…I’m going to have to stop goofing around  :~).  She left just after 9 AM and I headed off to a Volunteer Board meeting…which lasted until 12:15!!!  I had time to come home and talk with my honey for just a bit before Joanne picked me up for our Stitch & Chat Christmas Party….we had pizza and desserts…everything was wonderful:

















and of course I ate too much and wanted to nap, but still managed to come home and make 3 runs of toffee 

one pretzel base

and 2 were cracker based


before bidding my honey good-bye at 5:30 as he left for rehearsal.  I putzed around for just a bit before heading to my studio.  I worked and worked and got the binding done on rainbow-white and the label stitched down….YAY:   




This is one of those quilts that would have benefited if I had made the binding right when it was finished.  By the time I wanted to make it a week ago, I had used up my fabric on other things :~(.  I decided that I had a whole bolt of the orange, so I quilted it in orange and bound it in orange, but I still think it would have been prettier with a rainbow binding.  Oh well….I’m trying to do better with the bindings now, so that’s all I can do.  Michael got home after 10 and we watched TV for just a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.