Sunday, December 4, 2016

gas houser tutorial, more towels, celery

When I took the eggs out for Michael on Saturday morning (12/3), he had left me a nice pattern (this pic’s for you Mary Jo):  

He made gas housers for breakfast...that’s his usual breakfast right after I make our sandwich bread :~):  







I got 4 additional yoghurts put together for him:


before heading to my studio.  I spent the day finishing up the quilting on rainbow – white…YAY!!!  Glad to be finally done…I felt like I was quilting this a row a day (because unlike my embroidery machine, I NEVER feel I can walk away from the long arm when it is going :~( :


and getting 6 more towels done for Michael’s cast gifts:  


He left for rehearsal at 11 AM and didn’t get home until 5 PM!!  He was BEAT…..I made him a hot toddy and some cheese and crackers and settled him into the media room for a bit.  Eventually he had turkey wild rice soup for dinner, then made popcorn for us both before settling in with the surprise I got him…the movie TRUMBO from the library.  I wasn’t interested in the movie, so I got some fabric cut for yet another binding, and managed to embroider 1 more towel.


I forgot to tell you…I bought celery the other day for soup, and decided to try to grow it.  I haven’t done this in a long time, and am probably way too late in the season, but I decided I didn’t have anything to lose, so I started it.  I’ve got to get it into dirt soon…it’s already beginning to sprout:



1 comment:

  1. Hey Deb, I started a celery a couple weeks ago just because I could and had to throw it out as I was sure it wouldn't survive 10 days of no water. Going to try it again. Do you ever harvest the celery? Mine always looked too green for me but I left it and it blossomed and went to seed.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.