Tuesday, December 27, 2016

lots & lots of Elsie & Cookie

Michael left for golf at Lancaster Monday morning (12/26), and after breakfast I headed to my studio.  I got the binding all cut and sewn for the quilt currently on Miss Scarlett (the bad news is, I don't have any good thread color to do the second side of it...maybe have to hit up Pat for some thread):  


and got my strata all sewn for the other half of a new Clinton quilt: 



while continuing to quilt on the retreat hidden wells:  



Joanne stopped by for a quick visit to wish us  “Merry Christmas”, and we had a nice, but short chat.  When I went upstairs to greet Michael (home from golfing with a 90), this was going on:  





By dinnertime the quilting was done and I was a VERY happy camper…why?  Well, way back when, when Michael and I were discussing the possibility of me buying a long arm…I did a CBA (cost benefit analysis) as to how many quilts I needed to do, to make owning my own long arm worthwhile.  The number of quilts ended up to be 150.  The retreat hidden wells quilt was quilt ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE!!!!!!!  I am doing something very special for the 150th quilt….stay tuned….no pics until it is totally done!  I hope it will be my first finished quilt of 2017.  Michael came home at 3 Pm and we sat and read our books in front of the fire, with our kinetic sculpture going until our dinner.   Of course that meant that THIS was going on:






We had leftover puffy things for dinner:  

scallop stuffed shells

pot stickers



























and watched TV for the rest of the evening….I made good progress on my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.