Friday, December 9, 2016

Scrap Happy Quilters Christmas Party

OK…I’m starting to panic just a little bit….but by the end of this weekend I’ll know whether to go full out panic mode…or whether I can rein it back in :~).  I have 3 more food runs to do…I have to then deliver all of that stuff (including mailing out 3 packages of it)…I have this monster quilt to quilt AND bind (I think that’s really what started the panicky feeling)…I have Christmas presents to pull together…I need to finish 3 more towels for Michael for cast gifts...my house needs to be cleaned for my Christmas Tea, probably a pot luck before attending the play, and another tea as the Holiday Party for one of my clubs (all in the next week and a half), I haven’t written the Christmas letter…which starts out by re-reading everything I’ve written for the past year and a bunch of other stuff I know isn’t even on my radar yet.  So…..I'm in the same boat with millions of other people at this time of year…right?  I’m hoping to knock out a bunch of things Friday and Sat and Sun, while Michael is slaving away on a hot stage….so stay tuned to see how I feel Monday morning.


Anyway, today (Thursday, 12/8) was our Christmas party at Scrap Happy Quilters…and what a fun day it was.  Everyone put out their finger food:  





















and we dove in and filled our plates.  



Then we had the parade of the ugly Christmas sweater: 


























with Loree taking the prize:  


I love this one with the red "wings"



















After that it was the Chinese Auction of gift opening and stealing…and I don’t think there was a bad gift in the bunch.  Mary C obviously is a great present pick-er, as I think every one of her presents got stolen…I don’t even remember what she finally ended up with.  We also asked people to bring in the first quilt they ever made, and many people did that.  We got to hear wonderful stories of how people started quilting and sewing….and how much they’ve improved.  I just had to take a picture of this beautiful and simple wall hanging:


I think I can safely say a wonderful time was had by all…and I got 2 new classes for 2017 out of it!  I took a nap when I got home :~), then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening quilting on the newest quilt (notice how it is not hanging down in front of Miss Scarlett the way is usually does?  That is part of my new basting/loading change.)



and starting the binding on rainbow – black, 



while Michael was at rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.