Saturday, December 10, 2016

roses, breakfast, last towels, STEELERS quilting done!

Ok…we’re sadly done for this year as I think these are ready to be thrown out:  


We really do get the prettiest roses from our bushes.  

I started right in on the quilting first thing Friday morning (12/9), after the 4 rows done Thursday night.  My honey was so sweet and made me an egg/cheese/toast and brought it down so that I could continue quilting!!  



And I also got my embroidery machine humming on the last 3 towels (YAYAY…by the end of the day, all 15 done….a huge weight off my shoulders :~):  



Michael will give them out at the last performance on Sunday the 18th.  Dolly stopped by (owner of Pgh STEELERS quilt) to drop off binding and she is thrilled with how it looks so far (YAY!!!)  She even took a video of Miss Scarlett at work  :~).  Pat stopped by for a visit in the afternoon and I got chocolate rice krispy treats made (for Michael to take for opening night) while she was here.  Ann Mary & Jim (who went to the play with 8 other people on opening night) asked me over to share dinner with them before they left. I came back home and was determined to keep quilting…I kept thinking about how nice it would be to get up on Saturday morning with the quilting totally done…and I DID it!!!!  


That new basting technique surely saved the quilt from ripples and pleats….it looks great!  Michael got home after 10 and we stayed up way late talking about the play and how it went (great!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.